Sunday, December 7, 2008

December 7, 2008

Dear Friend,

Ok so this book I read was really good. It is called The Perks of Being a Walflower. I like the book because it is easy to relate to. I think you would like this book because of everything you have and are going through in life right now. It is very easy to relate to and you can learn a lot from what Charlie goes through. I loved this book, I really think you should give it a shot!

There is a part in the book where charlie says something that makes all his friends mad. He has to deal with all of them not talking to him and feeling very lonely for a while. I like this part because almost every kid experiences that a some point in high school. Another part that I really like is when Sam, Patrick, and Charlie are driving together and they feel infinite. It reminds me of when I was with my friends on a road trip and we felt infinite. I loved both of these scenes because i knew exactly how he felt and what he was going through. It was like reliving the past.

The most memorable part in the book to me is when Charlie and Sam are talking in her room at the end of the book. It has nothing to do with the sexual stuff but with the conversation they had. When Sam tells Charlie he needs to be honest and be himself from now on. She says that instead of being there to listen to, be a shoulder or the arms that someone might need. She also tells Charlie to do what he wants instead of holding back all the time. She also says that if you are not yourself then nobody can really love you for you. I think this is really good advice for everyone. It is very true that if you are never truely you and do not love yourself, then it is almost impossible for someone to love you or know you.

The end of the book is very confusing to me. I understand everything Charlie and Sam talk about. I get how all the friends feel and what they are going through. I get the family part of it as well. The main thing I still do not get is who Charlie is writing to. I think that it is sad that he ends up in the hospital for all his emotional problems again and goes through that hard time, but he learns from it. I think he learns who his friends are and what really matters in life. Maybe if I read through the end again and pay close attention I'll catch who he is writing to, but as of now I'm still lost.

Love Always,

Kaydence

No comments: